Quizzing North America is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religious belief or lack thereof. We do not tolerate harassment of TCONA participants or their family members or friends in any form. Overt, unwanted sexual or violent language and imagery is not appropriate for any TCONA venue.
Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without notice or refund, at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
• Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religious belief or lack thereof, or ethnic background.
• Sexual images in public spaces
• Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
• Harassing photography or recording
• Sustained disruption of talks or other events
• Inappropriate physical contact
• Unwelcome sexual attention
• Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Exceptions To The Above
Quizzes, games, and discussion or images related to sex, pornography, discriminatory language, or similar is welcome if it meets all of the following criteria:
(a) the organizers have specifically granted permission in writing,
(b) it is specifically necessary to the topic of the quiz in question,
(c) it is presented in a respectful manner, especially towards women and LGBTQIA people,
(d) attendees are warned in advance in the program and respectfully given ample warning and opportunity to leave beforehand.
This exception specifically does not allow use of gratuitous sexual images as attention-getting devices or unnecessary examples.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Exhibitors in the TCONA space, hotel public areas, or other spaces where events are to be held are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender, ejection or exclusion from specific events, or expulsion from the conference without refund.
Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all TCONA venues and TCONA-related social activities. (We think people should follow these rules outside TCONA too! Treating people like equals is cool in life, not just at TCONA.)
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible to TCONA staff or volunteers. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be happy at TCONA. People like you make events like this better.
You can make a report either personally or anonymously.
You can make an anonymous report at this link. We don’t ask for your identity, but please provide us with as much information as you’re comfortable sharing.
We can’t follow up an anonymous report with you directly, but we will fully investigate it and take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence.
You can make a personal report by:
• Calling or messaging this phone number: [917-604-6080]. This phone number will be continuously monitored for the duration of the event.
• Contacting a TCONA staff member or volunteer.
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we’ll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we’ll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won’t be asked to confront anyone and we won’t tell anyone who you are.
Our team will be happy to help you contact hotel/venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
– Reach QNA at – email@example.com or call or text us at 917-604-6080. Your identity will not be revealed to anyone without your consent.
– Tropicana Hotel Security Desk: 702-739-3626
– Las Vegas Police: 702-828-8272
– Las Vegas Sexual Assault Hotline: 702-366-1640
– Urgent Care Center: 702-677-2644 or call 911